Wednesday, November 10, 2010

To be or not to be.

Once upon a time there was, Abul, who was a servant in household of a wealthy merchant in Tanger in Morocco. One day, Abul came back from his daily visits to the suk, utterly petrified, pale faced and shivering with fear. Seeing this disturbed state of his usualy jovial attendant, the master enquired the cause of his dispair.
Abul replied " Master, I saw her!!.. I saw death herself !! Her face was white and she looked at me with the widest eyes. She has come for me, master!! I want to disappear from here. I want to run away form here!! "
The kind merchant gave Abul two of his fastest horses and money and bid him farewell.
Abul rode as fast as only a man escaping death can ride for two whole days and only then did he reach the coastal town of Safi. There, as he entered the stable to tie his tired horses, he saw her standing there, smiling, waiting for him. Abul asked, " How did you find me here!! " and she answered, " Dear friend, I was surprised to see you in two days ago in Tanjer! I feared you will be late for our appointment for today, right here. Now!"

One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.

4 comments:

Moonmoon said...

Hi Snehal .. good story .. but i think if we know our destiny and it is not as good as we want it so there is no harm to make some efforts to change it cause GOD helps only those who help their themselves. So dont accept the things as it comes at least put some efforts to change them.Everything happens for good only. Keep walking.

Subramanian said...

Nice story.
The question - "fate exists or not" is analogous to "God exists or not"? The wonderful thing in this world is we have no way of knowing what our fate is until we have crossed that particular moment of time(I hope the reader of this comment has not yet invented a time machine and smirks seeing my naivete).
Lets assume there exists a fate written for us and whatever happens around us is preordained. Why not enjoy the journey than be terrified by it?

VenkY said...

I have heard somewhere that you cannot run from anything, if you start doing that either you meet that very thing or keep running. Either way we do not succeeded. In my opinion the Abul should have remained with the Master, at least the horses would have been better off :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Snehal,
I strongly believe in destiny.I remember a Q/A on reading your story.
Q:What would be the biggest joke for GOD?
A:The biggest joke would be when we tell HIM our plans for the day.
I personally feel whenever we try changing things that are already planned for us, we end up making it even worse.
Accept things as it comes.